1.05.2009

The Nightmare of Death

I had never been,
So terrified,
At a nightmare.
It might have been a nightmare,
but it seemed,
So realistic.
I could still feel,
The fear rushing through my body,
Making me weak,
And fragile.
I could,
See images,
Running through my head.
Spinning around,
In circles,
Turining faster and faster.
In the nightmare,
Death had come,
Like smoke,
Right there,
But untouchable.
She was picking flowers from the garden,
Looking as innocent as ever.
And death,
Had snoke up on her,
Teasing her,
Circiling around her,
Wrapping itself around her,
Until it would not release her.
She was,
As helpless as ever,
Weak,
And not even trying.
All of a sudden,
Like a savior,
I came running towards her,
Trying to bring her back,
Yelling at her,
Touching her,
But it was useless.
No,
Breathing.
No,
Smiling.
Just,
An expression,
Of pure,
Horror.
She,
Was,
DEad.
And I sat there trembiling,
next to her.
Waiting,
By any luck of chance,
That she might come back.
But she never did.
Never.

3 Comments.:

*Sitting by a tree* said...

imagine trying to wake up, to a nightmare like that. it really was, horrible. i wish i had never dreamt it. uhhh! thank you, for those of you who actually like my writing; the truth.

Mella said...

It's a great poem. The way you use the punctuation to emphaize the terror, tension and fear you feel is really effective.

Love your blog too.

=DDD

Mac said...

Wow, I like it. What a horrible nightmare. I think it symbolizes the death of the innocence within us as children.